MJ's little flock

What a lovely idea.
I am going to call around this afternoon to see if anyone wants to come harvest a bucketful.

Chickens enjoying peaches (not great photos as I am up the hill and outside the fence).

View attachment 3621849
My neighbour gave us some home made peach jam from her peach tree when her goat ate most of our teenage forsythia.
I never had some before and I immediately forgave her and the goat. It's really one of those jam where home made makes a world of difference with what you can buy.
I’m not a jam person, I think it’s too sweet, but I still loved this !

I've been given a huge gift of eggs today!

IMG_2023-08-29-17-20-27-640.jpg

Yuh huh, that's right.

FOUR EGGS!!

Thank you :hugs
What do you think about having one hen in with two cockerels for now? They still seem to be getting on alright, and aren't over mating her at all as far as I can see.

I'm thinking about trying to hatch some of her eggs that I still have, but they might be a bit on the old side so I don't know how it will turn out. I just don't have the heart to eat them.
It's one of those it depends questions. I've seen it done. I don't know how long the arrangement lasted. From my own experience I would say not. 1:1 can work, even in confinement with the right birds. Bantams seem to be able to sort this out better than full sized birds in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom