MN CHICKEN VET

eaganchickens

Songster
11 Years
Sep 21, 2008
Eagan,MN
Here's a good vet that takes Chickens in the Twin Cities.

David W. Wetherill, DVM
1014 N. Dale Street
St. Paul,MN 55117
Phone: 651-487-3255

I'm trying to find a "chicken vet" north of the cities in mn. Is there a resource list that someone might have? St. Paul is a ways to tote a sick couple week old chick from rush city area :(

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, All pets in Zimmerman will see chickens. This is my regular vet and he is wonderful.

Also the exotic vet place in Elk River sees chickens. I took a hen there once though, and felt she didn't know what she was doing (in this case anyways) she said my chicken was probably egg bound, I didn't think so, she wanted me to bring her back the next day if she didn't lay an egg in the morning to get x-rays, but I didn't. (she had quit laying over a week prior) I'd already spent 100 and didn't want to spend on x-rays when she said she may, or may not be able to tell if she was eggbound by an X-ray. I said do you feel an egg? she said she thought so. I didn't feel an egg. I ended up treating her for sour crop, she got better.

I hope yours got better as well.

Last edited:
I took a hen with double bumblefoot that I just could not get on top of to Dr. Jaime Nalezny this fall. She sees chickens as a housecall service or at two clinics. Here is what I initially got as a response to my first inquiry message to her: "At this time we are offering housecall appointments on Wednesdays only. I am also in clinic at Valley View Pet Hospital in Burnsville, MN from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday and Tuesdays if you would like to schedule with me there. You can schedule with me at Valley View by calling (952) 432-9661." She also sees patients sometimes at Ark Pet Hospital in New Brighton. I have to say, she was PHENOMENAL. Very thorough in her exam and very knowledgeable of treating hens (and birds in general, I guess).

Back
Top Bottom