Moaning Rhode Island Red

Sorry for the delay, of course whenever I go out to film her she stops moaning. I have attached the youtube link (hopefully it works), and apologies for the poor camera quality :)

Thanks for your help!
Oh my goodness!! I too have a very loud MOANER!!!
Reassured by your dilemma!

Oh my goodness!! I too have a very loud MOANER!!!
Reassured by your dilemma!
Ugh mine is so loud. She moans when she wants something, and she keeps moaning until she gets it. We transferred to a new feeder recently and she will moan and moan and refuse to eat (even if I hand feed her) until she gets the old feeder back. When we don't giver her what she wants, her moaning gets louder and higher and she will only be quiet when she lays. Any ideas how to stop this? The neighbours aren't impressed and she is just getting louder. We will need to get her to quiet down otherwise we will have to send her somewhere else because she wakes the entire street up by 6:20!

Ugh mine is so loud. She moans when she wants something, and she keeps moaning until she gets it. We transferred to a new feeder recently and she will moan and moan and refuse to eat (even if I hand feed her) until she gets the old feeder back. When we don't giver her what she wants, her moaning gets louder and higher and she will only be quiet when she lays. Any ideas how to stop this? The neighbours aren't impressed and she is just getting louder. We will need to get her to quiet down otherwise we will have to send her somewhere else because she wakes the entire street up by 6:20!

really sympathise but have no idea , our’moaning’ chookie is always the loudest ! From sun up to sun down she’s complaining and squeaking, I have 5 other hens who I acquired at the same time as her, ‘ a little flock of6 hens’ thought I 😀
5 clucking hens who do get rowdy when they want to get out of their enclosed pen to free range, my ‘moaning squawking’ chookie just continues probably 90% of the day, she free ranges with her sisters and joins in socially with sand baths and scratching/ foraging as a group
If I was one of her group I’d peck Her, she gives me a headache!
No idea how to solve this except give her away ! ( only joking) she is very important to me as are all my hens😀

Back
Top Bottom