Model 237 Singer Fashion Mate Sewing Machine. ~Pictures~

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
I just recently acquired this sewing machine and beautiful wood cabinet. I have another old sewing machine, but I thought I might start a thread of it later. I got this one at a Yard Sale for 10 dollars.

It is a beauty. I sure do love it already, and the (Singer) part of it makes it so much better. It hasn't been cleaned up yet so excuse the dirt that may be on it.

It has a wonderful stitch width mechanism that my other sewing machine doesn't have. When I got it the drawers were full of stuff.

I found an old Singer button holer, and if any of you guys know how to use it, I would really appreciate the tips, instructions.

Lots of Pictures!

It makes beautiful stitching.

If I used this right, then this is a really simple button holer.

I didn't have one of the pieces, or atleast I don't think I had one. It was to block the feed dog from interfering with the buttonholer. I ended up just putting the stitch length on it's finest setting, and it worked out well.

Here are the pictures of how it is placed on the machine.

Looks like it worked well!!
clap.gif

I just LOVE old sewing machines.

Looks like it worked well!!
clap.gif

I just LOVE old sewing machines.

Me too! I have 3 sewing machines, a Singer Simple 3116, a Domestic Rotary model 151 sewing machine, and this Singer Fashionmate 237.

I hope to someday get my great grandmother's Singer treadle sewing machine. I just love the Treadle machines.

I would just die to get a Singer White Featherweight.

WOW that is really nice and old. I started going to Auctions and was getting sewing machines for $2.00 my DH said I had enought. lol Then my DD goes to them and brings me 2 more in the cabinets.

I hope you get years of use from it and don't forget to oil it. That helps a lot.
wink.png

I have an even earlier model singer and I found all the instruction manuals at the Singer website. Maybe they have them there for your model too!

I have an even earlier model singer and I found all the instruction manuals at the Singer website. Maybe they have them there for your model too!

I would have, but It's very simple to operate. I just wish I had a lot of fabric, and something to make. I am not a fan of using patterns, although I have. I like to do my own stuff. I have gotten especially good at piping, I just re upholstered an old wingback arm chair. LOTS of piping!

Back
Top Bottom