Models of Incubators available for budget conscious people??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Momagain1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Hubby & I are wanting (note not needing lol) an incubator w/automatic turner as we dont plan on staying
    around the house to turn them every 4 hrs as ppl have told me to do.

Now, I know the Brinseas are good..but budget wise; forget about it!
    We are looking to spend under $120 including turner/shipping. Is that impossible
    to find??

Can you link me..what do you recommend... TIA!

2. ziL

ziL Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2011
    Oswego County, NY
    Go to amazon and look at the incubators there. You can find some and may need to buy the turner by itself, but can probably find them for about $100 plus shipping. I think there are hovabators that have can have about 40 eggs if they are in a turner.

3. Momagain1

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    I did and have before; but not all incubators are made the same..

i want a decent hatch ratio; which is why I asked here..some ppl have had great
    results and others have had poor; hoping they can give me info on which ones..

4. Me & Jack

Me & Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    NC
    What about the Brinsea Eco 20. It's selling on the Brinsea site for $119.95. I realize shipping is more, but not much more. Also, the Brinsea Mini Eco is selling for $64.95 on the Brinsea website and shipping is only $20. The Mini Eco can hold 10-14 eggs depending on size.

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

With your budget, I would go for a HovaBator. You will find them at all different prices. Just shop around. I have 3 HovaBators, of various models. I like them all. I have 2 Brinsea Eco models, and I HATE them. Besides being so small, and no turner (Eco model), and no humidity control (Eco model). I just use them as a "recovery room," for my chicks to dry and fluff in, after hatching in my HovaBator.

My advice would be to have one with a fan. The still air models seem to cause problems for some folks. On the other hand, if you have spare parts from a computer, you could install your own fan, and save money that way.

Good luck!

6. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

The next Brinsea special (typically a 10 percent off coupon when ordered through their website) is supposed to start February 3rd. This would bring the mini advanced (with turner) into your price range ( including the cost of shipping this).

Gail

7. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Strombergs on line show a ECO-20 for $123.00 with free ship...cva34

8. TBTT

TBTT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Eastern Virginia
    Here ya go! My parents have used this incubator with great success for years.
    1) HovaBator Still Air Egg Incubator 1602N
    2) Circulated Air Fan Kit
    3) HovaBator Egg Turner 1611 (Universal Size)
    4) Digital Thermometer/Hygrometer with Min/Max Memory
    All for $109.99
    http://incubatorwarehouse.com/egg-incubators/hova-bator-egg-incubator-combo-kit.html

9. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    I just bought the new digital Genesis 1588 with 1611 turners for $183 with shipping to NY. I was looking at the cheaper hovabators but kept reading about someone with low or no hatches, difficulties with one thing or the other, some BYC members with luck. I himmed and hawed for a while reading post after post on incubators. But realized ALOT of BYCers have the hovabator 1588. And the new digital control panel just came out. I ordered it from Cutlers supply. Should be here by Wednesday, but won't hatch till March. Also I liked the big window for my 3 1/2 year old and 21 month old.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  10. Momagain1

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Thanks guys!! Checking them all out; now we arent sure what we are doing; but definitely looking at these and weighing our options!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by