Modern day pirates and a moral dilemma, the right thing to do?

My advice would not be to turn him in, for a couple of reasons - pirating movies is the "least worst" thing he does. You are not seeing the forest for the trees, I think, if pirated movies are the worst thing you can think of. The drug thing is a much bigger deal, especially since he clearly has no boundaries where drugs and kids are concerned. Being in his home puts both you and your daughters at risk - he is a thief at worst and a fence at best, deals drugs and most likely has drugs or stolen items in the house. If the place gets raided while you are there, you don't have a lot of legal room and your custody of your kids might be questioned.

As far as the divorce or court order, most cities still have a legal aid society, even though they've been cut back sharply in the last few years. It's important that you put a clear legal line between his activities and you.

Last edited:
Report it but accept that it may result in someone other than your ex being fined and/or jailed.Delete what is sent to you that is illegal.You could always get a free consult with a lawyer to see what needs to be done to protect yourself from being charged with any crimes.

Speaking as the oldest daughter of a single mom with a dead beat dad, keep your kids away from him! I know that your daughter loves him dearly as like I did my dad despite what he did (and my dad has done stuff much more serious then your ex) but she will understand when she is older. I know now at 21 that my mom wasnt being cruel keeping us (specificly me as we had a very close relationship) from our dad, she was doing what was best for our wellbeing and safety. Who knows if I would have turned out badly being around all the drugs and stolen goods, money ect. that my dad surrounded himself with.

I'm sorry. But no way my kids would be around that man or his druggie family. I dont care if hes the "father" or not...
just my opinion...
I also would not turn him in for this pirate thing... just let it go,and stop contact with the loser.

Back
Top Bottom