Modern game bantams...

Pics
I just ordered some blue moderns from Ideal Hatchery. They will be here in 3 weeks!
yippiechickie.gif

Yay! Have fun.

I have finally collected 4 Lemon Blue Mod. eggs and 1 BB Red. They went in the bator yesterday with a bunch of Barred Rock and d'Anver eggs. I sure hope they hatch!

Last edited:
Yeah. I can't wait either. Maisy is molting right now, so she is not laying, yet my buff brahma is laying cute little eggs :)
It feels like forever, since I am going to get a frizzle and the modern a week after easter. :( I wonder what the colors going to be?

Hopefully I will be able to post pics when we find a USB cable. :/ Not exactly sure when that is going to be though...

That is sad.:( I hope you get the new one soon. Yeah better offer Maisey something she just cannot resist
wink.png

I just got my little MGB babies this morning. They came from Callahans here in Austin, TX but they are Ideal Hatchery chicks. They are GORGEOUS. I got two each of Blue, Lavender, Silver Blue and Lemon Blue. I am keeping fingers crossed that a HUGE majority of the group are pullets. I wouldn't mind one roo, but that's all... I keep telling them that. :D

I just got my little MGB babies this morning. They came from Callahans here in Austin, TX but they are Ideal Hatchery chicks. They are GORGEOUS. I got two each of Blue, Lavender, Silver Blue and Lemon Blue. I am keeping fingers crossed that a HUGE majority of the group are pullets. I wouldn't mind one roo, but that's all... I keep telling them that. :D

Keep telling them that!
wink.png
You will know very soon which are the little roosters. That tiny comb will jump up all of a sudden on the roosters, but the little pullets' combs will stay the same for a long time.

I have two, a blue and a black, that I bought at Atwoods on March 9th. Last week I noticed the black one's comb had grown. So I have a pair. I love how they tower over my little d'Anvers chicks in the brooder.

You can feed her something with a lot of protein. Some people feed cat food to them. That will help give them what they need to grow the feathers back. As far as making it faster, I don't really think you can. She will go through her normal cycle. I wouldn't pluck any feathers.

It does seem like it takes forever when you want eggs. :)

Pics of three of them:

Two weeks old :D

I have a sneaking suspicion the first one (which I think is one of the silver blues) is a little boy...so far I can see little yellow combs which are more prominent on at least two of the babies. If I get just two cockerels I won't be TOO upset LOL!

We are probably getting the new pullet today. :D The breeder said she is brown-red, and won't be old enough to show as a hen at fair. He also got another one, and if we don't get a cochin, we may get that one too. I am so excited!

Back
Top Bottom