Modern game bantams...

Quote:
Hi! My apologies for use of improper terminology.
They all *look* "stilty" to me.
smile.png

Lisa
edited to add: I need blues --- SO cute!
edited again: I traded a few years ago with a fellow and got my original trio --- no idea where he got them from. I had never seen them before then.

Last edited:
Quote:
What should I call it instead of stilty?

I thought they were supposed to be sort of leggy and stand upright?

The little guys are not really upright, not yet, but more so than my other chicks.

Catherine

Quote:
See, I need one of those standards. I don't have one, obviously.

Well, they certainly are a little peculiar! Neat!

Catherine

Quote:
There you go.
A good Modern is also sometimes said to have good reach.
A stilty bird tends to have it's thighs too far forward creating an out-of-balance appearance. They will often wobble when they streach upright.

Quote:
Should be...

If I am not mistaken when breed for Lemon Blues you would breed a Brown Red to a Lemon Blue and you should get about 50% each color...
I also think that if you breed Lemon Blue to Lemon Blue you will get 25% Brown Reds, 50% Lemon Blues, 25% Splash. Then if you breed the Splash back to a Lemon Blue you will get 50% Lemon blue...

Chris

Quote:
Should be...

If I am not mistaken when breed for Lemon Blues you would breed a Brown Red to a Lemon Blue and you should get about 50% each color...
I also think that if you breed Lemon Blue to Lemon Blue you will get 25% Brown Reds, 50% Lemon Blues, 25% Splash. Then if you breed the Splash back to a Lemon Blue you will get 50% Lemon blue...

Chris

Yes, Lemon Blue, Silver Blue and Blue Red in Moderns all follow Mendel's law for Blue but only use Blacks and Splashes form Blue matings or the blue will be uneven. Most of the Brown Reds that come from my Lemon Blues are not much good for showing because of color faults ( Shafting in the breast lacing and Stippling on the back). Blue covers most of these color faults, but it is also why it is hard to get good lacing on a female. Especially in Silver Blues.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom