Modern game bantams...

Pics
What colors will I get out of a dark blue roo over a birchen and two brown-reds?

I read that you do not have to dub a cockerel under a year to show. Is that true?

What colors will I get out of a dark blue roo over a birchen and two brown-reds?

Dark Solid Blue Roo x Birchen hen will produce 50% dark blue chicks and 50% black chicks, all of them will mature to be Solid in color(blue or black)

Dark Solid Blue Roos x Brown reds, will produce 50% dark blue chicks and 50% black chicks, all of them will mature to be Solid in color(blue or black)

So does that mean he can be shown before the Nov. of his first year, and then be dubbed to continue? I couldn't find anything in the SOP, but I did find people saying that they didn't have to be dubbed till they were a cock.
Yes, if he's old enough before November, you can show him undubbed. I don't know where to find the info, but I do know it's true because I show them.

Yes, if he's old enough before November, you can show him undubbed. I don't know where to find the info, but I do know it's true because I show them.
Thank you for clearing that up! :D

One of my chicks is developing into a birchen, I believe. They are going to be gorgeous birds.

Just candled my clutch of 11 eggs; 9 are definitely developing, 1 is unclear, and the other is clear. They were set the 1st, so we'll see. Hoping for silver-blue, lemon-blue, splash, birchen, and brown-red. :D

I hope you get a good hatch. I have eggs pipped today - Moderns, d'Anvers and Barred Rock Bantams. The BRs have been hatching like crazy but my Moderns are harder to hatch. I have 3 Mod chicks so far this year. I'm hoping this hatch will be better.

I hope you get a good hatch. I have eggs pipped today - Moderns, d'Anvers and Barred Rock Bantams. The BRs have been hatching like crazy but my Moderns are harder to hatch. I have 3 Mod chicks so far this year. I'm hoping this hatch will be better.
The person I got the eggs from just hatched out 8 under broodies. Have you been using an incubator, or a broody? Of course, she has been getting a lot of roosters and such
roll.png
. I really hope hatching rates turn up for you!

Back
Top Bottom