Modern game bantams...

Pics
I'll have to read that article, Half-Pint. I know that Brown Reds are supposed to have gold heads, not black. Is that what you mean by tops?

Here's a pic of one chick I hatched a couple weeks ago. He towers over his shorter legged hatch mates. (They are d'Anvers and a couple other Mods.) He is growing too fast for his feathers to keep up, so he has naked legs. lol Makes me laugh.

I'll have to read that article, Half-Pint. I know that Brown Reds are supposed to have gold heads, not black. Is that what you mean by tops?
Yeah, sorry. Should've put heads.
Here's a pic of one chick I hatched a couple weeks ago. He towers over his shorter legged hatch mates. (They are d'Anvers and a couple other Mods.) He is growing too fast for his feathers to keep up, so he has naked legs. lol Makes me laugh.
Awww, he's adorable! I love how he's like, "I am surveying my domain, now."

Funny story. I let all of my chickens free range around the yard. I have two coops, where the 3 "teenagers" sleep and another where my older flock sleeps. Well, I had locked my two broodies in in the two coops so they can get out and teach the chicks to dust bathe, etcetera. It was late, and I was doing some work when I hear my chickens clucking. I look outside and there is one of the teens, staring at me through the window! We have our ladder laying against the house right outside our back door, and she had hopped up there to get our attention!
lau.gif
I put the broodies back into their hutches and allowed everyone to go to bed, all the while laughing. Man, I love this breed!
love.gif

Funny story. I let all of my chickens free range around the yard. I have two coops, where the 3 "teenagers" sleep and another where my older flock sleeps. Well, I had locked my two broodies in in the two coops so they can get out and teach the chicks to dust bathe, etcetera. It was late, and I was doing some work when I hear my chickens clucking. I look outside and there is one of the teens, staring at me through the window! We have our ladder laying against the house right outside our back door, and she had hopped up there to get our attention!
lau.gif
I put the broodies back into their hutches and allowed everyone to go to bed, all the while laughing. Man, I love this breed!
love.gif
Cute! :)

Does anyone have a diagram of what a Modern's body should look like? It would be interesting to see, since I am coming to a time when I have to choose who stays and who goes.

Back
Top Bottom