Modern game bantams...

Pics
These are two cockerels I have right now... Can't decide which one to keep. Do you think you could help me out?

Cockerel #1 (Silver-Blue, I believe. Got his color way before his brother and has matured faster):

Cockerel #2 (The one I am leaning towards. He's taller and bigger than #1. Brown-red, his color came in slower than #1.):

(Him and his sister, he's the one on the left.)

Yeah, I was just curious what you thought. They were hatched the week of March 8th, so two months now. I have good body type on my hens, I need to add height. That's why I was leaning towards the brown-red.

I need a bit of help from someone who shows modern game bantams and knows what they are talking about. Can you please tell me the cut of age that your cocktails need to be dubbed at? I thought it was 8 months of age or everything after November...is this true??

I need a bit of help from someone who shows modern game bantams and knows what they are talking about. Can you please tell me the cut of age that your cocktails need to be dubbed at? I thought it was 8 months of age or everything after November...is this true??
November 1st is when they should be dubbed for show. Before that, they can be shown intact.

They have to be dubbed before November of their first year to be shown. 6-8 months old is when most do it.

Does anybody have some modern game bantam hatching eggs or chicks? I have been looking for some cheaply priced eggs or chicks but they are always so expensive.

Back
Top Bottom