Modern game bantams...

Quote:
how old are they mine lay well one egg every other day little less in winter
just hatched out 12 on xmas day
39028_jan21_11_x_mas_chicks_022.jpg

39028_jan21_11_x_mas_chicks_032.jpg

Hi Fellow Modern keepers,

How are everyone's birds doing? My cockerel that hatched this Spring has matured and I have fertile eggs! These little hens really like to go broody, too. I have one hen sitting on 3 eggs and two hens sitting on one egg.
lol.png
The one egg is about to hatch, so I'm anxious to see what happens with the two "mammas". I need to get a picture of those two. They have been providing me with a lot of amusement for the last couple weeks. Everytime anything gets close, they both swell up to twice their normal size. Most of the time, one hen is sitting on the egg and the other hen is sitting on top of her!

Seramas are a great breed . and i have hatch out over 50 chicks this year alone . they breed just fine ! they have great fertilty and hatchablilty .
Quote:
Oh well I didn't know this. That is something to keep in mind. How is fertility? Are they hard to breed. I don't want to get her discouraged. She like Seramas too but I'm trying to steer her away from those because of fertility and hatchablitly reasons.

I have one little Birchen girl, and she is just the sweetest little hen. I just love these and wish I had more! I was just wondering how old before they start laying? My girl was hatched in March so going on 6 months old. She has been squating now for about a month, but so far I haven't seen an egg. If I were to get more in the future what color should I pair her up with?
Meet Mini Chicken
big_smile.png

78308_dscn1827.jpg

That is a beautiful little lemon blue hen. I didnt have much luck this year, for some reason most of my modern chicks just hit a wall around 4 weeks and didnt thrive beyond that age. I am going to raise or try to raise a few lemon blue and silver blues next year.

Best Modern, Champion Bantam and Reserve of the Show out of 430 Moderns, 5,484 bantams and 10,276 birds overall at Crossroads of America National meet this last weekend, a BB Red Modern Cockerel by Tom Anderson
12477_img_4449.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom