Modern Games, Need Special Housing?

Modern Game Bantams look like they'd be fragile but they're surprisingly hardy. As noted they like to roost high & in fact this is good for them-keeps their wings tight & their breast muscle solid.
I have kept them in a shed with open windows all winter w/o any problems. As long as their pen is dry they'll be fine.

Thanks guys! I really want to get some more. I love this girl.
I will try to get pics of her today. I am completely in love with her and I think she's pretty find of me too (shhh, don't tell my son)
love.gif

Modern Game bantams are very small and have long thin legs and toes. If your coop is cold enough that you have to worry about frost bite on the combs of your roosters, then it is too cold for Modern Game bantams. Their toes will freeze off or their leg joints will swell up and they won't be able to walk properly.

Luckily, Modern Games are small so you can easily make a small warm place to keep them in on the cold nights. I keep mine in a large stock tank with a heat lamp.

Good luck with your Modern Game Bantams. They have the best personality of any breed of chicken I have ever owned.

POCOPOYO

Congratulations! Those are beautiful birds.

The only tip I can give you is to make sure you have a roof, because they are wonderful flyers. Do no under-estimate them.

Back
Top Bottom