1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Modifications to Existing Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ewe105, Dec 12, 2014.

1. ewe105

ewe105 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 4, 2014
    Conshohocken, PA
    Hi all - I just brought home a new chicken coop/trailer. It's about 3x4', so enough size for 2-3 hens. It's a lightly used coop that I found on Craigslist. The manufacturer can be found here: http://www.tuckerscoops.com/catalog/13

We will also have an outdoor run, but that needs to be built. This will be my first chicken adventure, so I an heavily relying on experts like the people on this site.

I have posted a bunch of pictures of the outside, inside, roosts, nest boxes, etc. Any suggestions as how to it could be modified before I put it to use? My first concern was with the ventilation - as there doesn't seem to be any.

Let me know what you think,.

Thanks,
    Ed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  2. Primo

Primo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Texas
    Put in a vent up high in the gable above the roost on either side,or both sides

3. JordanWalker

JordanWalker Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2014
    You have a nice coop that is good for 2-3 hens. Good luck on your first chicken adventure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by