Modified Stoddard Southern Coop in Central Mississippi

And ... the more steps ... means crawling on your knees vs your belly under it ... ;) Of course elevated 7' high ... most people could walk under it!
Well, yeah, but I fenced off just part of under the coop so a rake will reach and egg and I won't have to crawl too far to retrieve a bird(only had to once n 5 years). Nice that it stays dry enough to dust bathe in winter.

I have an idea rolling around in my head that I'll share here. Why not build a simple coop, but frame in very large windows on each side and cover them with hardware cloth? My idea is that will give max airflow in summer, and in winter I can cover them with plywood cut to fit, like storm windows. I already have some of my vents made in that manner.

I have an idea rolling around in my head that I'll share here. Why not build a simple coop, but frame in very large windows on each side and cover them with hardware cloth? My idea is that will give max airflow in summer, and in winter I can cover them with plywood cut to fit, like storm windows. I already have some of my vents made in that manner.
Have a seen a couple coops, and runs, done like this....tho the winter covers were clear for light infiltration. Totally feasible.

Back
Top Bottom