Mods, PLEASE LOCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibility #1: Sometimes vultures gather and roost just to rest. Is the wind blowing? If not, they may be waiting for it to pick up so they can ride the currents. They're very heavy birds and don't like to expend more energy than necessary for flight. I'd just chill out and be glad they're around - imagine how stinky the world would be w/out them to clean up the rotting flesh!
#2: Maybe they're waiting for the sound of a hunter's gun and they forthcoming entrail pile?

Quote:
Yep same here we have a huge flock that hangs around the power line close to our house.
Weird thing they do is when the air is warm and breezy they soar and swoop it's amazing to watch them.
They get really low over the house and scare the crap out of the chickens they go running and squawking
gig.gif

Don't be afraid they are just birds like crows only they eat gross stuff
sickbyc.gif

Perhaps they are waiting for you to go and feed the chickens and slip in the mud. When the dead tree branch that you hit your head on knocks you unconscious and the baking sun keeps you that way, they will watch carefully as the snakes and rats start to nibble on your prone form. Once the small creatures have had their fill the vultures will then make their entrance and feast on your rotting carcass. Yup, you're doomed.

But don't have nightmares.
smile.png

Um....maybe they just like the TREE! Maybe it's somewhat easier for them to perch in than ones with lots of leafy branches....
hu.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I'm sure you will be fine! They could be GOOD vultures....like in the Jungle Book cartoon?
smile.png
They helped save mogli from the tiger.....

Oh NO! That's worse, because there was a big group of large crows out in the backyard at the same time. And it pretty breezy today. Now I am convinced I need to stay inside.

They have NEVER used that dead tree before- and it was hit in 2005.

Okay, well.....yeppers, you'd best stay inside! JK - I'm sure it's nothing to worry about! I think they are kind of neat looking!
hide.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom