Moisture in coop help!

So should I take the tarp off? It was put there just to make sure rain didn’t get in there somehow.
How is the tin attached.....or rather how is tarp attached?
Did you tack tarp underneath existing tin because tin was leaking?
Would be a major production to remove tin and replace tarp with foam board...
....but again, I can't really see how it's put together.

How is the tin attached.....or rather how is tarp attached?
Did you tack tarp underneath existing tin because tin was leaking?
Would be a major production to remove tin and replace tarp with foam board...
....but again, I can't really see how it's put together.
The tin isn’t secured to anything yet just sitting on top.
and the tarp was done from the beginning because we just thought having a tarp screwed to the roof would keep water out if the tin leaked I guess. The building was built with no roof then we added some rafters and screwed a tarp on. We

The tin isn’t secured to anything yet just sitting on top.
and the tarp was done from the beginning because we just thought having a tarp screwed to the roof would keep water out if the tin leaked I guess. The building was built with no roof then we added some rafters and screwed a tarp on. We
Is the tin intact(no holes)?
Then I'd remove tarp, get some foam board up there, and attach tin properly before it blows off.
Wonders if the rafters are spaced correctly and installed on top of walls to create soffit venting front and back, that will improve you ventilation too.

Look up how to do rafters with overhangs, purlins on top of and perpendicular to rafters for attaching tin.

Bevause we do already have a big opening near the floor we leave open.

Both the big opening and the window need to be open. I know BC has high humidity and aart is spot on about a spring fix. Ventilation is still the answer. If the window is facing South, I myself would keep to wide open for airflow.

The tin is intact we can just lift it off and then take tarp off. Then we’re gonna screw the tin. Properly to the coop and and I’m going to keep window open.
...and add some foam board under the tin??
The tin alone will condense moisture too.
Just taking the tarp out will not solve your condensation problem.

Yes my mom has some I can have I will put that in too under the tin. I just have to wait till it’s not raining so hard.
I could put a moisture trap in there for now.
Good.
Hoping for a sunny, or at least a not precipitating, day soon.
What is a "moisture trap"?

Back
Top Bottom