Moles in my coop!

jettgirl24

Songster
9 Years
Feb 21, 2010
Duvall, WA
Went out to the coop to let the girls out and I opened the door to see a HUGE mound of dirt in the back. Argh!
somad.gif
I didn't anticipate this kind of problem since the building we converted into a coop is built on a concrete slab. Apparently there is a gap of about 2 inches between the slab and the wall though. Looks like I have a nice weekend project ahead of me, stripping the bedding that is now mixed with damp dirt and sealing the gap. I HATE to have to do anything that costs money on it too because we're close to making an agreement on our dream farm and will likely be moving around February. I think I'll just screw some 2x4's down and hope that keeps 'em out for the next couple of months.

Well... Looks like I must have a sneaky mole that knows not to come out when the ladies are aways because this morning I opened the door to find a dirt mound twice the size of the one I found yesterday! Argh! I thought for sure my BO would get him, she's a voracious predator
smile.png

They've got two days left to make a snack of him or it's off to the hardware store for me!

Back
Top Bottom