Molting chicken getting attacked

ryan519

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2017
Anaheim, California
Hello All,

One of my chickens is currently molting and has lost a large amount of her feathers. I have a total of 4 chickens and the other three are not molting. My issue is that the other three chickens are down right attacking the molting one almost non-stop. Whenever the hen comes out of the coop to the run area, they peck and pluck, and chase her around the run until she runs back into the coop tom hide. There are some brief moment when she is out in the run and the others don't attack her but it is far and few between. I'm worried she isn't eating or getting any water. I've never had this issue before. Any suggestions for be great. Thank you.

Thank you both for the suggestions. I was able to divide the run and give set up her own feeder and water in the divided area. This seems to be working well. The only down side is she doesn't have access to the coup for the moment. I was thinking of just removing the divider once it gets dark and the hens go inside for the night. Then in the morning, restoring the divider. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you both for the suggestions. I was able to divide the run and give set up her own feeder and water in the divided area. This seems to be working well. The only down side is she doesn't have access to the coup for the moment. I was thinking of just removing the divider once it gets dark and the hens go inside for the night. Then in the morning, restoring the divider. Anyone have any other suggestions?
That should work.....she doesn't need the coop as long as she has shelter from sun, rain, wind.
How big is your run, pics would help, maybe a small solid animal carrier for shelter?

Back
Top Bottom