Molting or Mites??

Thanks everyone I feel SO much better knowing its probably just molting.I'll pick up some feather fixer tomorrow and start giving them that. Should I worry about the weather?

I think you have to be somewhere really, really cold for that to be a problem. Chickens generate a lot of heat when they sit close to each other in the coop.
Im in michigan so it gets pretty cold but theres a few months before it'll get crazy cold. Thanks!!

I think you have to be somewhere really, really cold for that to be a problem. Chickens generate a lot of heat when they sit close to each other in the coop.

x2!

You'd be amazed how tightly chickens will pack themselves on the roost to keep warm, which is very effective, even when some are only half dressed!!

On a side note: DO NOT USE CHICKEN SWEATERS.

That is all. ^_^

MrsB

As I mentioned, I can not help with the weather temperature-wise but if it is windy, you will probably find that they will seek shelter as even the wind can hurt them a little during a moult.

They should have nice, new feathers by the time your colder weather sets in which is what they are preparing for. Chickens deal with cold much better than they do with heat.

x2!

You'd be amazed how tightly chickens will pack themselves on the roost to keep warm, which is very effective, even when some are only half dressed!!

On a side note: DO NOT USE CHICKEN SWEATERS.

That is all. ^_^

MrsB

x2

Don't they just! I have slipped my hand between two chickens on the roost and it is like a toasty oven!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom