Molting questions

M-H-Fielding

Formerly known as -7-6-
Apr 10, 2019
Oermount
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all, I have a few questions. In my area, a show is going to be hosted in about six months. I want to enter, but I have had several bad experiences with birds molting at the show. I was wondering... I have some birds that are molting now, some that just finished molting and some that haven't yet molted.
Which ones will be in perfect condition to show in six months?
I know this is a silly question, but I don't want to have my birds molting at a show. :oops:
Thanks in advance.

they usually moult in Autumn before the weather gets cold, but can also spontaneously do so if stressed, sick, finished brooding, random non-reason. So you can't predict it that much.

I suggest you assess the situation at show entry time (usually about 3 weeks before the show) and only enter birds that aren't moulting at that point. You really cannot plan 6 months ahead with absolute certainty

they usually moult in Autumn before the weather gets cold, but can also spontaneously do so if stressed, sick, finished brooding, random non-reason. So you can't predict it that much.

I suggest you assess the situation at show entry time (usually about 3 weeks before the show) and only enter birds that aren't moulting at that point. You really cannot plan 6 months ahead with absolute certainty
Only problem is they require the entry forms to be submitted by January, and the show is in April. I asked them why it has to be so far in advance but they didn't answer.

Back
Top Bottom