Mom died by Hawk, left me nine orphan babies

I'm sorry for your loss and hope the chicks make it. Youtube has some great videos on raising baby chicks that would help you a lot.Chicks have to stay very warm the first 10 days
Thank you, all of my little chicks are happy and healthy so far! I’m just having a little trouble getting the other chickens introduced them without pecking them first lol

Yes, it was and thank you. All of my chicks are happy and healthy. So far they love playing outside and digging for all kinds of critters.
This is the most vulnerable time of the year and still cold for putting baby chicks outside to free range (it was in the 20's here last night and been cold and windy 2 day)I've only let my chickens out a couple hours here and there while supervising them in the past 2 weeks.Food is scarce for predators raising babies now

This is the most vulnerable time of the year and still cold for putting baby chicks outside to free range (it was in the 20's here last night and been cold and windy 2 day)I've only let my chickens out a couple hours here and there while supervising them in the past 2 weeks.Food is scarce for predators raising babies now
It’s been windy here for a few days, but for the most part, it’s actually pretty warm at the coldest it’s been probably about 50°. I usually don’t let them out for a long period of time if it’s below 75, they are always supervised when outdoors tho

What would be your recommended age to integrate them?
I separate my chicks from the adults until they reach laying age.Integrating them can take 3-6 months (even then they need separate feeders and waterers)The older chickens will chase and peck them if you don't provide hiding places and put up fencing .They also won't let them in or out of the coop(either or both) I recommend you do a search online on ideas on how to separate them(visually seeing how some people do this helps)

Back
Top Bottom