Mom is MEAN!

aldanfac

Songster
Apr 16, 2023
Maryland, USA
Hi Guys! So my little baby chicks have been raised by their mom and she’s done such a good job but she’s starting to be annoyed by them 100% lol and she’s laying again, I tried introducing her to the other chickens just one hen and one too and she HATES THEM.. she didn’t like them to start when we first got her but I thought it would be better as the chicks grow (they are 4-5 weeks now) but she’s still soooo mean… Do you think this will be a problem… Here she is wishing she could bust through the small gate and attack everyone. I couldn’t post the video for some reason but I screenshotted clips, she literally paces staring down everyone.. sometimes she stops and chills but she’s fiesty. What should I do, and do you think this will be a problem? She got my hen a while back pretty good drew blood but she healed fast
43ECA630-AE77-473E-919D-F2720C6014F6.jpeg
96B572F0-4C7B-4B54-A8B1-0FD00C315E06.jpeg
89D63CF9-0D6B-4A5B-9B80-65D99777A3AB.jpeg
0C05E06D-820C-485B-8C36-E2D896903075.jpeg
FA393A00-FF45-4CD3-BD61-05317B6E4ACC.jpeg

she’s starting to be annoyed by them 100% lol and she’s laying again,
That means she has weaned them. She has no further interest in taking care of them. The chicks are on their own. Since you elected to isolate them from the flock while she was raising them it is now your job to integrate them.

she didn’t like them to start when we first got her but I thought it would be better as the chicks grow (they are 4-5 weeks now) but she’s still soooo mean… Do you think this will be a problem…
I don't know how they will interact, but now you need to integrate that hen back into the flock. That pacing probably means she wants to be back with the other hens and away from her chicks so I'd give it a try. It looks like you kept them in sight of the flock while they were isolate so it may not be that hard. Good luck!

That means she has weaned them. She has no further interest in taking care of them. The chicks are on their own. Since you elected to isolate them from the flock while she was raising them it is now your job to integrate them.

I don't know how they will interact, but now you need to integrate that hen back into the flock. That pacing probably means she wants to be back with the other hens and away from her chicks so I'd give it a try. It looks like you kept them in sight of the flock while they were isolate so it may not be that hard. Good luck!
Yea I didn’t want to separate them but she was being a bully so I decided to give them privacy, but she is still so mean I am working on trying to make her more accustomed but she’s just so interested in bullying… She’ll still care for her chicks too like making sure they all get under her at night so it’s just all so confusing

Back
Top Bottom