1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Momma & 2 Chicks + 25 ?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by 1TurkenLover, May 18, 2017.

1. 1TurkenLover

1TurkenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2013
    WASHINGTON state
    One of my Banty Hens Hatched out 2 chicks, & all are now in spare room in Brodie pin in 100 gal trough, " Concerns" I will have 25 mixed Banty Chicks arriving by Friday! Can Hen take care of that Many OR will she need to go Back with Main Flock ?

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    She will probably only take care of her two, and will want nothing to do with the other 25.

3. 1TurkenLover

1TurkenLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2013
    WASHINGTON state
    IMAG0862.JPG
    IMAG0863.JPG
    IMAG0866.JPG IMAG0869.JPG [GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
    Correct, kinda we Picked em up @ Post office this early AM :celebrate I put Box in & took Chicks out one @ a Time S-l-o-w-l-y she tried to get them All under her Little wings :lau Momma got about 6 under then she went to gather the rest Under.. . o_O over & over she tried. After a few min she started Attacking them. ? Pecking & holding down to continue to peck them.. So I put her back with main Flock. Chicks are Under Heat Lamp in Trough chirping. Banty R Cute LiL Buggers too

Chicks R bout same size.. Maybe they were TOO MANY @ once.

#1 Day one, Figured out Water Nipper. I had to raise it up so too see the Red Shinny part.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by