momma duck pushing eggs out of the nest!

How far thru their 28 days were the eggs? Have you candled them?

I have had ducks kick out eggs that were not fertile or had died, but also had ducks boot out eggs with live ducklings in them. In one case I snuck the egg back in and it hatched, and in another I out the eggs in my incubator where they hatched...
Some ducks have great instincts, some don't....

My broody duck has booted out 6 eggs now out of her 14. 3 of which I have in the incubator and are growing well. The one today you could tell had apparently died and the other 2 were not fertile. Now she ain’t even coming out to get a drink. I put a small container of water in there near her but not sure she is actually drinking it. Today she has moved her nest over and now it’s like there are two nests and one she is sitting on and the other a hen is sitting on. I didn’t look under either one to see what eggs were under who, cause they were both hissing but seems very odd to me.

My broody duck has taken 5 out of the 13 eggs she was sitting on out of her nest....she had been sitting on them for about 20 days now....she broke 2 of them and was running around the yard like a lunatic! is this normal? I have never had a duck sit on the eggs before...I usually incubate! Does this mean that those eggs aren't fertile?
My momma is doing the same thing but she walks around puffed out all the time don't really sit on her eggs much and constantly quacks. I installed a camera so I could watch without her seeing me and she acts normal not quaking and not puffed out when I'm not around.

Should you put the booted out eggs under a heat lamp? One of mine that cracked had a developing baby in it. It didn’t make it.

Back
Top Bottom