Mom's favorite sayings

Quote:
I ain't superstitious.. but that one is a curse!

My dear old Mom used to yell "One of these days you'll have one just like you and you'll wish you hadn't acted this way!"

I'm gray headed and EVERY SINGLE ONE of those gray hairs came from only one of my five younguns.

I told my Moma once that that was an evil thing she did to me.
hit.gif

I too wished a daughter on my daughter, "Just like you!" She got one and I apologized.

Not me I laugh about it all the time cuz she's in her thirty's and hasn't changed. We used to tell her she was a strange child but that made her mad so we changed it to unique, that she liked.

If we were at a restaurant and someone dropped a dish, my mother would say, "oh no, someone dropped the setting out of their ring" implying the sound was a giant diamond hitting the floor. It always seemed odd to me as a child but now as an adult anytime I hear a dish drop, in my head I say, "oh no, someone dropped the setting out of their ring"
barnie.gif

My father would also say, "nothing is too good for you" when I was young I thought he was saying I could have anything I wanted as I grew I realized the emphasis was on nothing. "NOTHING is TOO good for you"

my mom says, do you have to enjoy everthing you do?!?!
old.gif
my dad, I was born at night but not last night!!
lol.png
And when I was little, eeewww don't get your tears on mmeee
lau.gif
lau.gif
This one is a riot
tongue2.gif
my Aunt says The men in white coats never come when you are ready for them
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

Old thread, I knooow :oops: but sourland is still active so....?
I am a snooper and a rebel (not really) but my mom had many sayings and to this day I live by two.
1. "Don't buy what can be fixed." - which is funny because we had a dishwasher for 25 years before me and my sister bought her a new one. She liked her new one but she reminded us that she "didn't need one".
AND
2. "Look until you find it." Many many many times we've turned a room upside down looking for something. 99.9% of the time we found what we were looking for. To this day, I am a better "search party" in the house finding everything that everyone claims they've "looked everywhere for".

Old thread, I knooow :oops: but sourland is still active so....?
I am a snooper and a rebel (not really) but my mom had many sayings and to this day I live by two.
1. "Don't buy what can be fixed." - which is funny because we had a dishwasher for 25 years before me and my sister bought her a new one. She liked her new one but she reminded us that she "didn't need one".
AND
2. "Look until you find it." Many many many times we've turned a room upside down looking for something. 99.9% of the time we found what we were looking for. To this day, I am a better "search party" in the house finding everything that everyone claims they've "looked everywhere for".
Lol, my husband can't find stuff in the fridge!

Back
Top Bottom