Montana Chicken Lady

Nancy Lou

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
My sister & I were raised on a chicken ranch in Clark County, WA. So I learned early about chickens, I had to help feed, gather eggs, clean & candle them too! The hi-lite of our times, my Dad would let us go with him on the egg route. We got a 1,000 baby chicks every spring, which means we had to sell and butcher the old hens. Dad would hire a couple guys to clean out the many chicken houses, so the new poulets would have a nice clean house when they started laying. We also had cattle, pigs (for meat) and a big garden, we farmed 80 acres, so we put up a lot of hay too. My sister and I each had a horse.
It has been about 20 years since I have had chickens, I finally was able to get nine little poulets from a farm store and my son is building me a chicken coop (in between snow storms) that is!!

Welcome to BYC, and back to the world of poultry raising. Once it's in your blood, it never goes away.
lol.png

welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico!

Well you are certainly hip to the chickens then! You will certainly be a lot of help for all those new chicken owners. :)

So glad you could join and enjoy BYC!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Snow storms !!!! Gosh....brrrrrrrrrrrr

Good luck on your coop building and enjoy your new chicks :)

Yes I know, I can't wait for them to go up and give us eggs!! They grow really fast.

Thanks for the welcome! It may be snowing today but they say it will be 70 by the weekend, I certainly hope so!

Back
Top Bottom