Montana

Ugh, my septic must have frozen last night because today the floor drain in my mechanical room had backed up.
Yay, Montana and it’s -24F temps.
I tried calling a plumber and the earliest anyone can come out is in two weeks... so I have no clue what to do now, and my husband is freaking out because he doesn’t know either.
I started pouring some boiling water down the floor drain. I’ve contemplated adding salt. I really hope no pipes have burst. That would be a nightmare.

Ugh, my septic must have frozen last night because today the floor drain in my mechanical room had backed up.
Yay, Montana and it’s -24F temps.
I tried calling a plumber and the earliest anyone can come out is in two weeks... so I have no clue what to do now, and my husband is freaking out because he doesn’t know either.
I started pouring some boiling water down the floor drain. I’ve contemplated adding salt. I really hope no pipes have burst. That would be a nightmare.
Our cistern tries to freeze every winter

On the bright side today doesn't seem too too bad compared to the last few days. Actually had a few birds hanging out on the ramp

I had a pullet who literally had frozen feet last night thoigh. Hoping nothing gets worse for her

On the bright side today doesn't seem too too bad compared to the last few days. Actually had a few birds hanging out on the ramp

I had a pullet who literally had frozen feet last night thoigh. Hoping nothing gets worse for her
I did loose a rooster to the cold yesterday. I turned the chicken bucket into a warm mash bucket by boiling a bag of frozen corn and dumping it over the scrap contents and pouring that out for the girls. They loved it. I'm lucky not to have a cistern being close enough to be on Lockwood water, but the septic system does slow down a little this time of year for sure. Frost line here is 6 feet I think. Another plus for basements. This old house has other problems, though. Should be rewired...

Back
Top Bottom