Montana

Thanks Karla :) I'm going to be building a whole new setup for the chickens this year, excited for my new, rarer breeds coming in :D

I'm looking into becoming an NPIP certified tester for the state of MT! Are any of you NPIP?

Nice to see you back RoyalT.  I vote for Cal, I love the blue splash and be is a beautiful one.
I hate this waiting for babies. Chicks aren't so bad, only 21 days, but cows-9 months, horses-11 months, way too long. I've got 1 mare that might be in foal, the one that had to be turned loose when the fire went through last summer is starting to look a little round in the tummy. She was found with a 2 year old stallion, but his owner said he was kind of dumb and didn't know he was a stallion yet. She would be due about june 1st.
My chicks are doing great, I moved them down to the basement today, they have about twice the room they did in the small brooder that I use for the 1st week or so.I need to get new photos, they look so cute with their little tail feathers.
wow you get a kolt with out having to have your horse bred lol, now that's simple. I hope it's a pretty foal! Can not wait to see the chicks, this is what week 2 ? The guy called and stopped over to see my coop and give me a plan. He started last night and we should have it with in a week or two. I'm so excited. Well mom is even more excited! Can not wait to show you guys!

NPIP not sure but. I believe cackleberry coop is. What really does this mean?
Are you selling your eggs? Your close to me, if my girls go broody can I get some fertile eggs from you? I really like that grey and gold bird. ( copper maran and OE. .? ) my copper maran was giving me really really dark eggs, then she molted and her copper is all but gone except a 1 inch spot beside each ear. Is this common? She had that beautiful copper gold all the waY down her neck, and after molt gone :( oh and her eggs are way lighter now.
By the way good to see you back, don't be a stranger I get to posting to my self lol

I just got off the phone with CackleberryCoop :D Think I'll see about spliting start-up costs with her :)

I'm bringing in Cream Crested Legbars and Bielefelders :) Both are auto-sexing, and from Greenfire Farms.

Back
Top Bottom