Montana

Good day today , my maran decided to grace me after 2 weeks with an egg lol, the guy called about the coop, he will have it done Wednesday, ( Ariel are the baby's going to be ok in it or will they need heat still?) oh and the company I was working for lost my pay check a week ago, today I was suposed to have gotten my check finally, and then was told I had to wait until the next pay period. That's 22 days with out a pay check. Ugh. I started with a new company , actually an old company's I worked for for over 8 years then decided to leave for more money only to hate the new company and go back to the old company. Less pay but better to work for. I have been in home health for 18 years, same c
Isn't, my nephew who is handicapped. I love my job, just wanted the pay raise to almost 50 cents more. Believe me it was not worth it. I'm going to get a web cam put in my coop, hoping to find one this next week so I can watch my girls while I work, I want to keep track of who lays and when.
I have cackleberry holding me 3 RIR to pullet age For the beginning of June, those birds are amazing layers ! Even her RIR and americauna mix lays green eggs non stop for me, now she is getting over a molt, but I can not wait until she lays again. I'm getting 5 eggs a day now and the RIR mix and maran are the only ones I'm not getting from or getting very few of. I can not wait until my EE little girl lays, I believe she is going to be 5 months old this week. That makes 8 birds for us...now all I want is a few barred rock, but I can not find anyone with them or hat hing any . Dang it.
Heading to Costco tomorrow, stocking up so I do not have to buy anything for the next few months. I sure wish we had a Costco in butte.
Have a good weekend everyone, hope you can sleep in and relax !

Karla, the chicks are still under a heat lamp, so I think they will need one in your new coop. They are feathering up nicely, but when I go down to the basement they will all be laying under the heat. I think with the temps gong up and down the way they are it'll be a while before they could be out without heat.

No problem, I'm going to bring them to my home and put them in my bedroom and put a heat lamp on just in case. I'm going to tray to hand tame them as much as I can before setting them at moms. By the way, I think my EE little one laid her first egg today! It was like a torpedo, very long and narrow. It's a hoot to see. And there was some blood on it. It was a light green . My buff the RIR americauna mix who gives me blue eggs has not done so in 2 months. She is molting, not sure if it was hers or the little EE that's turning. 5 months this week. Wish I knew who's it was, we got six eggs today! M maran did not lay, and either the EE whose turning 5 months laid, or the RIR mix laid but someone laid the green egg and I'm seriously thinking it was the baby. My RIR mix has never laid a funny long egg, hers are always round ok I'm rambling lol. Just got back from Helena shopping, great trip ! Got lots of food, and animal feed for many months!

Look at what I got :D Pair of Barred Banty Cochins! That hen is TINY! They're in Isolation in the stock trailer, and she can get through the bars if she tries >.< She stayed put all night, though.. so that's good!

Look at what I got :D Pair of Barred Banty Cochins! That hen is TINY! They're in Isolation in the stock trailer, and she can get through the bars if she tries >.< She stayed put all night, though.. so that's good!
oh my goodness, there so cute! What are you going to do with them? Will the bigger girls pick on smaller chickens? There beautiful! Good for you girl!

Well I guess its true, my baby girl EE laid her first egg yesterday. My other EE still has a pale comb as she is getting almost done with a molt my EE has a bright red comb and around her eyes. Poor girl, first egg must have felt like giving birth to an elephant lol, it was really big and really long narrow and real long. It was a double yolker as I ate it for breakfast. We got 6 eggs yesterday and 5 so far today, yay we are raking in the eggs now !
It's snowing right now, hope it sticks, we need more snow. Any ways just wanted to tell you my news lol. Have a good day all.

Oh Azreil will the chicks be ok with out heat if up stairs in my bedroom ? We keep the heat set on 68/70 . I figure if there feathering out well, with in a week will they be fine with out a lamp? I hate to leave a heat lamp on while I'm at work .

Very cute, hope they do well for you. I love the little banty eggs.

Well I guess its true, my baby girl EE laid her first egg yesterday. My other EE still has a pale comb as she is getting almost done with a molt my EE has a bright red comb and around her eyes. Poor girl, first egg must have felt like giving birth to an elephant lol, it was really big and really long narrow and real long. It was a double yolker as I ate it for breakfast. We got 6 eggs yesterday and 5 so far today, yay we are raking in the eggs now !
It's snowing right now, hope it sticks, we need more snow. Any ways just wanted to tell you my news lol. Have a good day all.

Oh Azreil will the chicks be ok with out heat if up stairs in my bedroom ? We keep the heat set on 68/70 . I figure if there feathering out well, with in a week will they be fine with out a lamp? I hate to leave a heat lamp on while I'm at work .
Congrats on your new egg, its always so fun when they 1st start laying.
I think I would keep a light on them at least for a few days, then turn it off during the day and see how they do. Its about 50 in my basement, and I have 2 lights on them and they will be laying right under the lights when I go down there. I also like the red light on them as they feather up to keep them from picking each other.

Just though I'd share with everyone that I got 22 eggs out of my 24 laying hens today!!!!!! Pretty crazy considering I do not provide heat or lighting in my coop. I have eggs overflowing at my house. Been giving them away by the dozen the past two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom