Montana

Yeah, I've never had barred birds before, but I really like them... I see that some people have project buff barred cochins... hm.

Congrats on your new egg, its always so fun when they 1st start laying.
I think I would keep a light on them at least for a few days, then turn it off during the day and see how they do. Its about 50 in my basement, and I have 2 lights on them and they will be laying right under the lights when I go down there. I also like the red light on them as they feather up to keep them from picking each other.
I'm thinking next weekend coming to get them? Maybe meet in Livingston ? I think I will take the kids, and spend the night in Livingston after shopping in Bozeman for the day, meet you in Livingston and drive straight home. Keep the car nice and warm bring them home in a carrier ( my daughter just bought me a real nice large one. ) is this close enough ? I'm not sure where abouts you are.

Just though I'd share with everyone that I got 22 eggs out of my 24 laying hens today!!!!!! Pretty crazy considering I do not provide heat or lighting in my coop. I have eggs overflowing at my house. Been giving them away by the dozen the past two weeks.
that's awesome! I am getting from all now but one EE, she is or was molting and she looks to be about done except her comb is still pink. That picture in your avatar is very pretty, I love pure white birds, what kind ate they ?

Just though I'd share with everyone that I got 22 eggs out of my 24 laying hens today!!!!!! Pretty crazy considering I do not provide heat or lighting in my coop. I have eggs overflowing at my house. Been giving them away by the dozen the past two weeks.

Nice!!!

. I want a few! Got eggs to sell ? When my broody sets I could put eggs under her.
I do not have the JG's seperated from the flock. I have 3 Rhode Island red, 3 Barred rock, 1 black Jersey giant, and 6 white jersey giant hens all together with the Roos Which are 3 white Jersey Giant and 1 black Jersey giant (I have no other Roos). So in all honesty I cannot guarantee they will all be pure Jersey giants but some will be. What I will and can do, if You would like is to gather all the brown eggs for a couple of days and just give them to you. All I would ask is that you pay the shipping. A medium priority box is $15.50

I do not have the JG's seperated from the flock. I have 3 Rhode Island red, 3 Barred rock, 1 black Jersey giant, and 6 white jersey giant hens all together with the Roos Which are 3 white Jersey Giant and 1 black Jersey giant (I have no other Roos). So in all honesty I cannot guarantee they will all be pure Jersey giants but some will be. What I will and can do, if You would like is to gather all the brown eggs for a couple of days and just give them to you. All I would ask is that you pay the shipping. A medium priority box is $15.50
I would love a barred rock to ! Always wanted one ! Ok that sounds awesome to me! But I would rather take a trip up to great falls and get them, maybe meet you in town ? This way they will be safer lol, my girl is not broody yet but when she is I'm so getting your eggs! Can you kind of tell the colors of brown eggs who is laying what ? You made my day, it would be awesome to have jersey giants!

I would love a barred rock to ! Always wanted one ! Ok that sounds awesome to me! But I would rather take a trip up to great falls and get them, maybe meet you in town ? This way they will be safer lol, my girl is not broody yet but when she is I'm so getting your eggs! Can you kind of tell the colors of brown eggs who is laying what ? You made my day, it would be awesome to have jersey giants!

Great falls if 4 hours one way from where I am.

Back
Top Bottom