Montana

I wondered about that- I knew the hatch rates were considerably lower, but didn't realize how low. I'm really not looking for anything in particular, but I'm having a hard time finding ANY fertilized turkey eggs locally. I'm way up here on the hi-line :(

Picking the closest to you is the best way overall. But sometimes it isn't the best. I have found that buying from W. Washington (x3) takes longer than eggs coming from IN and those from KY. Sad but true. They sit in a mail place for over a day in WA. I don't understand why, just happens. Then they go to Billings before coming back west to Bozeman.

My campine is a hen. But I already have a rooster. I do have a friend who would probably love to have a cockerel. I had 2 cocks at one time. A cuckoo maran and my buttercup. How big is he, the only problem was my maran was huge.

Yeah I have a sicilian buttercup rooster. But my lakenvelders are grey and white. I'm selling chicks because my hen is sitting on a few eggs. They are mutts though.
. Oh wow, a buttercup rooster and. The mutts have got to be adorable ! I have a broody, she is real cranky right now, I heard you can put day old chicks under a broody at night and she will think there hers, when are your chicks suposed to hatch? I would have to get them the day they hatch. Maybe just two ? What do you think they are ? Butter cup and ?

We ended up having to put the calf down, she had some problems with her spine, and would have never been able to walk. I know it was the best for her, but I cried all afternoon, and of course now have a whopping headach. The vet knows someone that has some bottle calves, and that she could get me a healthy calf, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that right now.
The heifer we are looking at is a Shorthorn/Brown Swiss mix. She is 11 months now, so could be bred this fall. She is a pretty dark red, and would be a nice addition to our little herd.

I somehow missed this post. I'm so sorry about your calf. :( Poor little thing didn't have a chance, did she? (((HUGS)))

Back
Top Bottom