Montana

My broody who I swore was the best brooder I have ever seen and who sat 21 days on 10 eggs has killed every one but four. :( I'm so sad, she is down to four and I hear chirping but nothing has even piped. Not sure why she did this, she wanted to put the 2week old leghorns under her wing and care for those. But we allowed her to go back to her spot in a box she chose from the beginning and every time she moved others got in her box, I transferred er early on to a crate but when ever I let her out she went back to the old nest box. We got tired of putting her back into the crate so 3 eggs bit the dust a few days ago, the today my daughter walked in on her killing the chicks because Henry penny was near her. I am praying she will brood the last four and something hatches, i can not imagine killing your own babies. She must have been very shook up. She is in the crate now with the last four, we shall see. She maybe the one eating my eggs as everyday now the eggs have gone down and yolk on those left. No shells either. She may have to go by by. :(

Next weekend in the show in Hamilton.  Is anyone coming?   I will be bringing chicks and hatcing eggs.
I'm hoping some one from close to me goes so I can get my chicks from cackle Barry coop. I live in butte, anyone from dillon,deerlodge, Helena Bozeman Belgrade etc that can go through Butte or live close to butte please contact me! I just can not do another drive, any where !

Next weekend in the show in Hamilton.  Is anyone coming?   I will be bringing chicks and hatcing eggs.
I'm hoping some one from close to me goes so I can get my chicks from cackle Barry coop. I live in butte, anyone from dillon,deerlodge, Helena Bozeman Belgrade etc that can go through Butte or live close to butte please contact me! I just can not do another drive, any where !

Some bantam black ameraucanas, LF - white, silver, wheaten, blue wheaten, blue & black (1/4 orp) and lavender. I will also have chocolate, black and split chocolate bantam orpingtons available.

Well it's finally happening, the mama hatched out a baby and another is on the way. I think what happened yesterday was one broody want to sit on the babies and the mama wanted them and that's what she was trying to do, grab them. I'm hoping for 4 chicks, hoping for a few girls at least ! 1 down, one half way out, and 2 to go.

We've been pulling ALL pine trees off our property to prevent possible abortions in the yak herd from eating the pine needles. 20 something BIG trees, man! What a pain. DH fells them and de-limbs. Then I de-needle (way worse job, I can attest!) and dump them all in areas that will be filled over with dirt.
Wow, that sounds like too much work for me. You know its only the last 3 months of pregnancy you have to worry about, and if they have enough grass/hay or other foods to eat and haven't gotten use to eating pine needles there shouldn't be a problem.
Well we finally got all the field work done, we were out untill after dark both Fri night and last night getting finished up. The ground is plenty wet right now, and a few more good rains should get everything growing good. I'm being lazy this morning taking my time having coffee, but need to get busy with a fencing project that will take me a few weeks to complete. It looks like it might rain later today, so I better get busy and get what I can done before it starts.

Back
Top Bottom