Montana

That Moe is a great-looking rooster!  Yep, I have Facebook but haven't posted for years.  I will check out the Poultry site, thanks!  Maybe your photos are too big to upload?  You may have to compress them?  It seems my little cell phone pics upload fine.  Or, maybe your computer is blocking the uploads.  Oh well, glad to see a pic of Moe!
Yeah I believe there to big. I will try to figure it out. Thanks for the complement moe is pretty cool. I want to mate him to a few girls, my leghorn for one, and to my Easter egger, I love the barring!

Hello all!
Hope everyone is doing well..as well as their birds. Of my 11 girls I'm getting about 2-4 eggs every day or every other day. I'm beginning to think a few of my girls just aren't going to lay much anymore. Oh well. Might hatch more during spring. Just placed an order last week or the week before to Porters Turkeys and I'll be getting 16 Poults come May.
celebrate.gif

Beginning to think I'm liking the Turkeys more than the chickens so it will be fun to grow some out seeing as how I bought mine started. So that means a brooder will be made, and setting my tack room up to do so. Grew some Fodder ( from some BOSS ) and fed it to the chooks today, they seemed thrilled to eat more greenage. Got another pan almost ready to turn out, and I'll probably start another 2-3.

Hello all!
Hope everyone is doing well..as well as their birds. Of my 11 girls I'm getting about 2-4 eggs every day or every other day. I'm beginning to think a few of my girls just aren't going to lay much anymore. Oh well. Might hatch more during spring. Just placed an order last week or the week before to Porters Turkeys and I'll be getting 16 Poults come May. :celebrate

Beginning to think I'm liking the Turkeys more than the chickens so it will be fun to grow some out seeing as how I bought mine started. So that means a brooder will be made, and setting my tack room up to do so. Grew some Fodder ( from some BOSS ) and fed it to the chooks today, they seemed thrilled to eat more greenage. Got another pan almost ready to turn out, and I'll probably start another 2-3. 
I had to add light as I went from full eggs to 2 eggs in a week. It's that tie of year when there is not enough light to produce egg laying. If you add light they will lay for you. Tell me about this fodder from boss ? In dirt or like how I sprout wheat in a jar ? turkeys sound fun, wish I had the property to have a few :)

I had to add light as I went from full eggs to 2 eggs in a week. It's that tie of year when there is not enough light to produce egg laying. If you add light they will lay for you. Tell me about this fodder from boss ? In dirt or like how I sprout wheat in a jar ? turkeys sound fun, wish I had the property to have a few
smile.png
I went to dollar store and bought a few of the aluminum like big roasting pants. On one side made a few holes to drain water. Soak as much fodder as you want to make a few cups makes a few pounds. Soak over night in water 24 hours then spread out in pan until about 1/2 inch thick, rinse well 2-3 times a day and in about 10-12 days you have fodder. My chickens and turkeys DEVOURED it yesterday. I'm going to do alfalfa, and clover and milo etc. I'll take some pics of my tiny set up.

HOw much space you have? We are on just under 5 acres with the Turkeys and they actually don't roam. Mine don't at least.

I went to dollar store and bought a few of the aluminum like big roasting pants. On one side made a few holes to drain water. Soak as much fodder as you want to make a few cups makes a few pounds. Soak over night in water 24 hours then spread out in pan until about 1/2 inch thick, rinse well 2-3 times a day and in about 10-12 days you have fodder. My chickens and turkeys DEVOURED it yesterday. I'm going to do alfalfa, and clover and milo etc. I'll take some pics of my tiny set up.

I'm just curious what your growing conditions are like. My fodder is ready to go on day 6.

As soon as we finished installing the water cups, one of the hens went right over to it, and kept trying to peck the bottom of the cup. I know that some of them are drinking from the cups, as I've found little tiny bits of feed in the bottom of the cups........ but haven't actually seen anyone drinking from them. I am wondering if leaving the galvanized waterer in the coop is a smart idea, as I want them to get used to using the cups, but then again, don't want them to be without water. ??

We get spent grain from our neighbor, he makes a lot of beer lol. My chickens go nuts for it, so I will continue to give them this, and of course sprouted wheat and my good standby of romaine lettuce, and what ever is from my fridge.

Back
Top Bottom