Montana

Just wanted to say hello from Bozeman. New to the group and new to chickens, other than when i was 3 yrs old and my mom would make me go to into the hen house and stick my hand under the ladies to collect the eggs. I can still remember the feel of their soft feather and the warmth. I have room for about 10 more chickens and I'm hoping to have babies of my own this spring!

Hi. I'm in Gt Falls. I have 14 birds. 8 girls that are 8ish months old, 4 17 week pullets & 2 17 week roos.This will be my first winter with chickens. I love them. & I am addicted to this site! The kids want to hatch out birds this spring. I have a buff orpington that would love to be allowed to have a clutch of eggs! I do think their unborn chicks are already spoken for, tho. Going to give them away.

Where is everyone? I've been out of touch for awhile here -------------

just wondering how many of you are experiencing the bad Upper Respiratory illness amongst your flock
that everyone seems to be fighting?

Hey all! Are there any groups (Facebook or otherwise) for chicken lovers, backyard chickens, homesteading, etc. in the Flathead Valley? My family is moving back there after 14 years in the military and trying to get plugged back in. :)
Yes, there is! Montana/Wyoming Poultry Buy Sell Trade (facebook) ............. great group of people! You have to ask to join.

Where in SE Virginia are you located now? I lived in SW Virginia for almost 30 years -- outside of Salem/Roanoke area. I'm so glad to be back in Montana! Welcome to the group!

Last edited:
Hi. I'm in Gt Falls. I have 14 birds. 8 girls that are 8ish months old, 4 17 week pullets & 2 17 week roos.This will be my first winter with chickens. I love them. & I am addicted to this site! The kids want to hatch out birds this spring. I have a buff orpington that would love to be allowed to have a clutch of eggs! I do think their unborn chicks are already spoken for, tho. Going to give them away.

Welcome, mtchickengal ~~~~ I'm also located in Great Falls!

Back
Top Bottom