Montana

Here's an update on our hen house and run... we had thunderstorms today so we had to take a break... hopefully tomorrow, we'll still have the cooler weather with no thunderstorms..... today was sort of cold.... lol

Here's an update on our hen house and run... we had thunderstorms today so we had to take a break... hopefully tomorrow, we'll still have the cooler weather with no thunderstorms..... today was sort of cold.... lol
that is real nice ! Your going to love the slanted roof, and the pen, if you put a roof on it, ( we did ours slanted ) you can cover it in winter like we do . It keeps the chickens much warmer, and the coop warmer as no snow or wind or cold enters the pop door. We also put a huge layer of sand in the pen so in winter they can dust bath and stay dry.

This spring we also fenced in the coop and pen, so they have an outside area to play in also. This is a pic as it was getting done. Also the spring sand loaded into the pen. A life safer ! It keeps them dry and comfortable in winter ( pen is covered ) and cool in summer. And keeps any smells down as it drys the poo right away!

Karla, I've got a broody about to hatch out some babies presently... I'll go see how she's doing and let you know :)
thanks hon, only one hatched and the Brodie's killed it. We were so extremely sad. I found a gal who has 3 month olds, I'm going to introduce them into the flock slowly, will try chicks next year in the spring. Thanks :) oh and I love that picture in your profile, that's an amazing looking animal!

Karla, we got all the plywood up on the run today... we're going to roof all of it....Joe is going to make a walk way along side of it so I can get out there even jn the winter.... yes, we were thinking that it would Keep the hen house warmer in the winter...they are so funny and so much fun to watch...... I took the fence out today that was keeping the younger ones away from the older 4..... they all came out today and seemed to get along well.... tomorrow we are going to start putting up the hardware cloth... I called Bridger Steel and got an estimate for the metal foof, they are cheaper than Omega Depot.... can you believe that? So I'm going to order it tomorrow... I ordered the automatic door opener and it will be here on Thursday... it's coming together finally... ugh!
I'm so sorry about the baby... tell me again what kind of babies you were trying to hatch?

WelcomeGranny368W.  I have Australorps too.  I live in the middle of town (Butte, MT) and have 8 Australorps, 2 silver laced wyndottes, and 7 barnyard mix babies that my mama hen just hatched.

how are all those babies doing? I guess we should all try and get in touch every so often.... our weather has sure cooled off, I'm so thankful for that...

Back
Top Bottom