Montana

I am outside of Townsend, about 40 minutes from Helena. I breed Icelandics.
Do you breed Icelandic’s regularly? We have enough for the first go round this year but I know we have quite a few cockerels in the mix batches of straight runs we ordered. But next year I would love to get some Icelandic’s. I’m just west of Helena so a short trip for me to come a get some.

Hi guys! Newbie from Butte here... I was thinking of starting with 5 or 6 australorps, for the kids factor and for the eggs. Does anyone local or driving distance have any chicks for sale by chance?
We had good luck with Meyers hatchery online. We ordered our first ones a little bit too early and had a cold spell the same week they shipped so we unfortunately lost a few chicks right off the bat but they refunded us right away and sent us a few freebies on our next order. Easy to order and to work with. Our Murdoch’s here canceled any special orders but they had a few first come first serve chicks in Thursday’s in April. They sold out quick so we ordered online. They have all sorts of breeds too, surprise boxes, straight runs, pullets, all sorts of options.

Do you breed Icelandic’s regularly? We have enough for the first go round this year but I know we have quite a few cockerels in the mix batches of straight runs we ordered. But next year I would love to get some Icelandic’s. I’m just west of Helena so a short trip for me to come a get some.
I will definitely have some for sale next year. I get hatching fever in the spring, haha. I'm working on getting my flock numbers up and bringing in more diversity this year, but I've had a hard time with my hatch rates with the shipped eggs.

I will definitely have some for sale next year. I get hatching fever in the spring, haha. I'm working on getting my flock numbers up and bringing in more diversity this year, but I've had a hard time with my hatch rates with the shipped eggs.
Great! I plan on getting some from you next spring. I’m close enough to pick up live chicks so I wouldn’t have to worry about shipping chicks or eggs.

Back
Top Bottom