Montana

Pics
So how did everyone fair in this last storm? Here on top of the Bull Mtns. we got 18" of snow from Sun night to Mon night. I played hooky from work today, I have to leave the house a 4:00am and didn't want to drive the winding snow drifted road in the dark. It didn't get much above 0 today, but it was a pretty sunny day with no wind, Wow, No Wind! I'm sure looking forward to spring and getting my new coop built and More chickens. Any one know when TSC and Shiptons in Billings start their chick days??:jumpyAnyone else arround do chick days? Maybe somewhere in Laurel or Huntley?

Hey thechickenchick you still with us or did you get blown away this weekend?
Can you belive the town of Choteau getting hit with a 110 plus wind gust?
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif

Hi Azriel. Sorry I'm over near Great Falls but Big R and Fleet do Chick Days. Fleet will preorder chicks for you so you can get the discount for a large order. They ended up with problems last year. People ordered all these Top Hat chicks and never picked them up. I think they had over 75 of them. they were not happy. All the other chicks were gone, I don't think they will ordering more Top Hats this year.

Quote:
Holy cow was that wind something
ep.gif
We lost our power a couple of times that worst day. A few hours each time. We have some of those wooden pallets. They were blowing across the yard like feed bags! All in all though our place faired pretty well compared to those around us. I enjoyed the sunshine and was glas to see how much snow melted. However where a field should be it looks like we now have a lake. Tonight it was raining and we are suppose to have snow by friday
idunno.gif
I am officially sick of winter.
tongue.png

Wow, sounds like you guys had quite the storm!
ep.gif
I thought our 45ish mpf wind was bad! Hope all is well you and that your getting through ok.

Is anyone going to the Spring Fling Exhibition Poultry Show on May 14th in Hamilton this year? Montana Poultry Fanciers is going to hold a meeting there for thier fall show called the Big Sky Poultry Expo. All I know about the fall show so far is that is will be held on Sept 30th thru Oct 2nd, the show day will be Oct 1st. I don't yet know where this is or any of the extra details. I'm mostly going for the meeting and will be exploring the exhibition birds as well. If anyone is going, I'd sure love to meet them! I'm going to try to go since this might be my chance to finnaly meet some poultry people and I'll be able to see some beautiful poultry as well.
ya.gif

Let me know if any of you are going to be there and I'll be sure to look for you. I'd love to meet up and get to know some of the BYC folk!
smile.png

Heard a wind gust hit 114 mph before the wind gauge got broke. DH talked to a guy he knows over there at the John Deere dealership. They lost their sign. One building lost it's roof. They had a couple of big fertlizer tanks come flying into the lot and hit a sprayer that was parked there.

We have a huge ice trap down at our barn. No way the cows can get in the corral for water. Luckily we have a different waterer out back that is safer. DH was able to dig out one gate yesterday with our backhoe. He broke one of the rails in the gate getting it out.
It is colder over here right now. It was 59 degrees on Monday.

Last edited:
It's already snowing here, again.

Harlans got a lady I know moving into your area with her family. Gonna miss her. She was our 4-H leader. She always has a smile on her face and is ready for a laugh.

Quote:
Clear as a bell here right now....buut getting colder at 11:00pm.
It is supose to start snowing by morning!

Is your friend on BYC?

Back
Top Bottom