Montana

Pics
Okay maybe this will sweeten the deal a little better. Ive got 4 barred rock pullets and 5 Rhode Island Red pullets all are 3 months old. A friend was going to come get them but she never showed up this is twice now and Im getting frustrated. Its not that I dont want to keep them but I need the room for my other chicks..

Im asking $3.00 each for the Barred Rocks and then $2.00 for the Rhode Island Reds. Ive still got those Frizzle , ee crosses those are free. Then I got some little bantam chicks that are a month old.. Not sure what breed they are I do believe that they are girls still to early to tell for me.. anyway I live here in Absarokee as stated before if anyone is interested let me know pm me pretty please..

We finally got all our branding done, farming done and almost done AI'ing the heifers. Its been just brutally cold and the wind isn't helping. Its normal to have an odd snowy cold day or two this time of year, but normally we have at least a few nice days in between. Not so much this time. We have a ton we need to be getting ready to go into the garden, that is if it ever warms up!

we got our branding done yesterday. Just too wet to get the tractors in the fields. Had a hail storm with lighting and thunder on Friday and then it snowed again. Got .32" of moisture out of it.
Well at least one thing is done.
Don't even have our fertilizer spread yet. Chomping at the bit to get the seed in the ground.
Weatherliars are saying it is suppose to be 68 degrees tomorrow.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Wind is suppose to pick up on Tuesday and get 51mph gusts. That should dry everything out.
Going to do some AI this month, got 4 head to do.

I haven't even started my tomatos yet.

Quote:
Uhg, the garden. We are so behind in every way and now you mention the gardening. Arg.... It's going to be a sad year around here for the veggies I fear.

Sorry can't make it.

Just got my garden tilled today.
I Love my chiropractor. Got the kink out of my neck, popped my lower back in line and told me I have tennis elbow in my left arm. Yep I'm falling apart.
gig.gif

Going to start my tomatos tomorrow.

Taped off the windows in the basement of the new house so I can start staining them. Can't varnish them it was only 50 degrees down there, has to be 65.
50,000 things to do and not enough hours in the day to do them.

Does anyone have, or have ever had, problems with Ravens in Montana getting to the chickens? We have many Ravens around our place and I have read some people say that Ravens are territorial and will run off other predatory birds like Hawks, but reading other posts people have said that they are sure that Ravens are killing their chickens. I was hoping that we wouldn't have to put bird netting over the top of a 40x70 chicken yard. Any issues like that here in Montana? I am in the Helena area.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom