Montana

Pics
Quote:
Good Morning fellow Montanans
cool.png

My DH made water heaters for both of my coops. He mounted a light bulb inside an oilpan. He then placed it upside down on a piece of steel to protect the floor. We have them plugged in to a thermo cube so they come on automatically at 32 degrees. A 40 watt bulb does the trick for a 8 gallon waterer. I hope this helps
smile.png

Hey, your hubby needs to sell these to us! What a cool idea, but I'm single amd need help lol, wish I was married to! Sunds like you got a great hubby!

Well he is pretty great, and handy too! LOL! When I first asked for chickens over 3 years ago, he told me NO! The next spring he changed his mind and has been helping me ever since.

I have no doubt that you can biuld one of these heaters. If you are interested I will have him type out step by step instuctions for oyu. He won't mind. Let me know.

Quote:
Hey, your hubby needs to sell these to us! What a cool idea, but I'm single amd need help lol, wish I was married to! Sunds like you got a great hubby!

Well he is pretty great, and handy too! LOL! When I first asked for chickens over 3 years ago, he told me NO! The next spring he changed his mind and has been helping me ever since.

I have no doubt that you can biuld one of these heaters. If you are interested I will have him type out step by step instuctions for oyu. He won't mind. Let me know.

yes!!! I would love to have instructions! My son may be coming home , I have not had a man around for 15 years, this will awesome and will help me so much!! I want him to help me build a new coop
smile.png
and yes we will want this water heater. thank you so much!!

Quote:
thats a lot of chickens going down LOL, let us know how it went!

Sundays butchering went very well, we ended up doing 18, and it only took about an hour and a half. They were all from 14-18 weeks, and DP breeds, average weights were all about 4.5#, with the blind pullet and one of the EE's much smaller at 2.5#. All in all a good day. I have 10 in my freezer, gave 6 to the friends that did the killing, cleaning, and helped pluck, and the 2 smallest to another friend that helped pluck. I haven't cooked one yet, can't decide if I want chicken stew, roast, or baked.
The hens and pullets are so much happier now. Everyone free ranged together, and 17 extra roos were really being hard on the pullets. I now have 6 of my 18 week old pullets laying.
Herferds, where are the fires at? I don't have any smoke down here. We have been having some beautiful sunsets though, so i know there is smoke in the air.

Quote:

yes!!! I would love to have instructions! My son may be coming home , I have not had a man around for 15 years, this will awesome and will help me so much!! I want him to help me build a new coop
smile.png
and yes we will want this water heater. thank you so much!!

Good sunday morning!! So sorry to keep you waiting, I missed this post somehow!!! I will have hubby give me the details and post them asap! Its wonderful that your son is coming home to see you
smile.png

Anyone need a couple of feather-legged Cuckoo Marans Roos here in Montana? I'll give them free if you want to use them for Olive Eggers, or your own chocolate layers. I'm near Missoula.

Turns out it was 1000 acre fire outside of Dutton that got us.
Just starting to recover from our County fair. So glad it is over with.

DD got 3rd place in the rabbit showmanship (there was a total of 3 in the class).
gig.gif

She has improved greatly from last year in her lamb showmanship. Judge got a hoot out of her and her lamb. Little stinker weighed 156 pounds and enjoyed knocking her over in the showring. She got $5.25 a pound for her lamb.
Definately need a travel trailer in we continue this for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom