Monthly Expenses

I have 3 standards and a bantam. Last Sept/Aug I bought 2 50# bags of feed, and am nearly done with the 2nd one. A 50# bag will last you about 2 1/2 to 3 months, depending upon how many scraps and how much free-ranging they're doing.

Quote:
oh, I can see it coming....

"honey, can we move to a bigger place? smaller house, bigger yard, bigger coop - for the chickens"

i wish i'd sold my house when it was a seller's market, then bought when it was a buyer's market. I'd be on a farm right now.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey! Cool to know my figures were pretty close! I was just figuring based on what my horde eats a week. I'm going to use that amount to figure up what it's going to cost to feed the birds I'll be raising up this year.

Quote:
good calculations...

Thanks! My dad was a math teacher.
big_smile.png

I had to call him yesterday to help me figure out the square footage of a circle based solely on the circumference measurement for a brooder I wanted to make.
gig.gif

Quote:
good calculations...

big_smile.png

I had to call him yesterday to help me figure out the square footage of a circle based solely on the circumference measurement for a brooder I wanted to make.
gig.gif

IIRC, Pi X radius squared will give you your area measurement.
But it's been a while.
lol.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

gig.gif

IIRC, Pi X radius squared will give you your area measurement.
But it's been a while.
lol.png

Yep, I had forgotten, but dear old Dad set me straight.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom