months of the kids begging and the feedstore was sold out of chicks :(

Chicken Mama 6

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Western MA
We have 6 wonderful hens and not a ton of space. The kids have been begging to get just 2 more chicks for months, today I finally gave in. Drove the 40 minutes to the feed store and the guy tells me they just sold the last 16 chicks of the season to a guy who got there 10 minutes before me.
sad.png
I think I am as bummed out as the kids are!

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
How disappointing! My local feed store has been out of chicks for over a month (I have to admit that I miss checking out the chicks).
sad.png
You might want to try Craigslist. I have seen quite a few chicks listed for sale in my local area.
wee.gif

I have been watching Craigslist, but all I have seen is people trying to get rid of unwanted roosters. I can't have a rooster where I live.
sad.png
We are in western Massachusetts. We have plenty of land, just a small coop at the moment (*dreaming of expanding*) so we wanted to just add two chicks. The feed store that we went to had "Aracaunas" (EE) before they sold out...was looking forward to the possibility of future green/blue eggs. We have 2 EEs, one lays a very light green egg and the other lays an almost white egg. Maybe next spring
smile.png

Man...I know how disappointed you guys must be...surely there has to be someone around with chicks? How far are you from me? I have a LOT of pullets for sale
smile.png
and possibly some chicks as well...

lol - i was so glad when the feed store sold out - too much temptation to go by those bins every time i went in

ever time that i walked in to my local feed store i bought at lease 16 chicks. the 1st time i bought 80 the 2nd time i bought 12 the 3 rd and final time i bought 16.... but i lost alost 2 dozen chicks.

How close are you to me? I'm hatching chicks and I'll gladly give you two chicks if your close enough.
big_smile.png

Edited to add: AHHH sorry didn't read ahead
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom