Moody Hen?

Yeah, if I had any roosters and wanted chicks, I'd be grateful to have a broody hen. Unfortunately, our coop is at capacity--so there can be no roosters or chicks. Broody, for us, just means not producing income. :/

Yeah, if I had any roosters and wanted chicks, I'd be grateful to have a broody hen. Unfortunately, our coop is at capacity--so there can be no roosters or chicks. Broody, for us, just means not producing income. :/
That I can understand. :) I hope I didn't come across as rude or anything. I, personally couldn't imagine looking at a broody as a nuisance, but I know that others have different circumstances than I do. I love watching my hens (or hen, rather =P) raise babies.

Oh, no worries -- not rude at all. I would LOVE to watch a hen raise babies; so cute and fun! But when they're just sitting there...not so cute at all.
hmm.png
I keep thinking about expanding our coop, or adding a new one, so we could get the positive broody experience :)

I gave up trying to "unbrood" my Broody Butt and shoved a couple hen eggs under her that a neighbor's crazy muskovy duck was sitting on. These were well along and had no idea if this duck was even sitting right. Well, long story short, one infertile, one got cracked early (yuch), one didn't make it pipping out so I have only one cute little fuzzy butt that is doing great and my broody butt that is a battery rescue has turned out to be a great mom. Thought you would like to know.

BTW~can't wait now for next spring when I will be ready for her brood and have everything set to go!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom