1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Moogie crowed!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by magikchick, Jul 26, 2007.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I have been waiting for my 14 week old cochin roo Cayene to crow, nothing. This morning I go out to the coop and hear one ripping, is it Cayene? No it's my 10 week old silkie Moogie! I guess I now know for sure he is a roo.

What was really funny is the the way his two mates looked at him when he did it. Like OMG what is wrong with you.[​IMG]

Marsha

2. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Congratulations! One of my roosters crowed for the first time this past weekend - I was so proud of him! Just wondering how long until the other roos figure it out...

3. Rebeccahorse

Rebeccahorse Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2007
    Cool.
    My rooster that I just traded started crowing at
    8-10 weeks. He was really good at it to. It wasn't very loud though, he sounded like a cartoon rooster from a distance. [​IMG]

4. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I have to laugh. I have a cat named Moogie. It is short for Moogle and he is black and white like a cow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by