Moral Dilemma-Chicken

My banty house chicken chose to come in the house by herself. She was always at the door and finally my dad brought her in. In the morning she will hang out for a bit then go to the door and want out. At night she would be waiting at the door to come in. When she is outside only the little rooster would be with her, and he had other hens, so he didn't miss her when she was inside. Now that she laid her eggs and is sitting on them she does not want to go out side at all.She chose to lay her eggs in the house, one day at noon she was screaming at the door and my dad didn't know what was wrong with her. He let her in and she was screaming and screaming and was on his bed and his clothes, scratching all over them. I made her a box with a door and a piece of cloth and she went right in and scratched around and laid her first egg wtihin an hour of being in there.

So mine made up her own mind, if yours wants to go outside, I sayl et her go out, if not well then you know.

I agree with Spotted.. especially if there is a wing-draggy dance involved (although I've heard they don't always dance). That's how my roo grabs the girls. He dances a bit around, dragging a wing. Then grabs by the back of the neck and mounts. Looks mean, but the hens squat for him, so I guess they are all for it
cool.png

When my girls are in an argument (hasn't happened in a long time, thankfully) there tends to be just a nasty peck involved. One girl did grab another's comb because girl #2 was on a nest I guess SHE wanted. But there was no dancing involved, just a nasty grab.

Meghan

Back
Top Bottom