1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

more chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tdgill, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

k, still thinking about adding to my flock. tempted to try and add pullets so the boys don't have to wait so long, but can only have so many and raising chicks was rewarding. I am also debating how to add who to what. I have two roos each with his own set of girls. Not sure if I want to add to each flock, or combine my current girls into one flock (thinking less fighting since they know each other but do pecking order whenever I try to combine them) and give these to the sub or dom roo and get the new girls as one flock for the other. Or should I keep them as they are. The only reason I am thinking of adding is really for the sake of the hens. But my roos have a favorite anyway so maybe more hens won't make a difference at all? Im thinking its gotta help. My hens have saddles and are doing well. Just thinking they might be overused. lol. or should I just separate them from the roos for a time? i prefer them to be together tho....any thoughts?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Duplicate thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by