More chicks than planned (photos)...

I agree with Mahroni. The one you think is an EE looks like an RIR to me. The one you think is an RIR definitely is not, but could be a sex-link.

Congratulations on your chicks. The headspot on your BR, is huge. That would indicate a roo. Ask me how I know?
tongue.png

Speckled Sussex, Brown Leghorns, and EEs all look chipmunky-- SS have pinkish white legs. You will love them! They aren't all that easy to get around here, so you scored!

Edited to add: Just looked at your SS pic...those leggies look kind of yellowish? I'm hoping that is just the camera?

This site has some great pics of chicks to figure out what you have. http://www.feathersite.com/

Last edited:
Quote:
I hate to say but your BR (pretty sure it is one) is a roo. I learned from Speckledhen that a splotchy head spot is almost always a roo. My first BR had one like that and within a week - yep, we knew he was a roo. Not sure about the EE and the RIR, sure looks like my EE's and RIR's when they were babies. This is only my second year of chicks so I'm still learning too.

Congrats on the babies. Wait till next year when you say you just want to add one or two new breeds
lol.png
That's what I did this year and I now have a brooder with 6 chicks!

Back
Top Bottom