1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

More chicks the addiction has started!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by briana1975, Apr 13, 2009.

1. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    No I am not addicted to chicks. I just really love my Buff Orps and 4 just wasn't gonna be enough. I have a feeling 1 may be a roo also. All the chicks are 12 days old and doing good. I found someone who sells chicks that were only about 15 min. away. They had 7 , 2 week old Buff Orps left. So I picked up 5 tonight. Put everyone together in the brooder. They all mixed in great no problems. I can't even tell who the new ones are. We have 4 Barred Rocks, 3 Silkies, 12 RIR packing peanuts and now a grand total of 9 Buff Orps. No there is no chick addiction going on here!!!

2. fivestring

fivestring Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Nashville Georgia
    Sounds completely normal to me. [​IMG]

I am partial to the Orps also. I have two grown ups and three baby blue orps in the brooder with 6 colored leghorns.

[​IMG]

3. JenMT

JenMT Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Kalispell, Montana
    Wow, I am a new chick mom too.....never done the chicken thing in my life or known anyone else who had until 2 weeks ago. I have 10 week old chicks which include: 4 RIR, 4 BR, 4 BO. I am totally obsessed with the BO, they cuddle and talk to me just like a cat or a dog. They almost seem to purr when I walk around the garden carrying them and when I open the coop door they all run toward me screaming, "pick me, pick me". I went to get some more feed last week and found s/r buff Orpingtons at the farm store so I got 7 more. These little guys are like Crack or something....I can't get enough of them and now I find out they come in BLUE too?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by