More chicks the addiction has started!!!

briana1975

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Carleton Mi.
No I am not addicted to chicks. I just really love my Buff Orps and 4 just wasn't gonna be enough. I have a feeling 1 may be a roo also. All the chicks are 12 days old and doing good. I found someone who sells chicks that were only about 15 min. away. They had 7 , 2 week old Buff Orps left. So I picked up 5 tonight. Put everyone together in the brooder. They all mixed in great no problems. I can't even tell who the new ones are. We have 4 Barred Rocks, 3 Silkies, 12 RIR packing peanuts and now a grand total of 9 Buff Orps. No there is no chick addiction going on here!!!

Sounds completely normal to me.
tongue.png

I am partial to the Orps also. I have two grown ups and three baby blue orps in the brooder with 6 colored leghorns.

18652_dscn9589.jpg

Wow, I am a new chick mom too.....never done the chicken thing in my life or known anyone else who had until 2 weeks ago. I have 10 week old chicks which include: 4 RIR, 4 BR, 4 BO. I am totally obsessed with the BO, they cuddle and talk to me just like a cat or a dog. They almost seem to purr when I walk around the garden carrying them and when I open the coop door they all run toward me screaming, "pick me, pick me". I went to get some more feed last week and found s/r buff Orpingtons at the farm store so I got 7 more. These little guys are like Crack or something....I can't get enough of them and now I find out they come in BLUE too?!?
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom