More Coyotes

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
Got around 4 coyotes that were howling around our house just a few minutes ago.
DS and I went out but couldn't see them even with the spot light.
Birds were all locked up.
I know they were really close last night because my milk cow refused to go into the barn to be milked this morning.

I ran over one last week with my pickup. DH had removed the gun I had started packing with me every where.
Got trappers and hunters coming and the neighbors are asking me about them too.

Are you sure your not in Ohio? This is the same subject I was going to post. I took my dogs out and as I was bring them in I heard the coyotes start to howl, yip, or bark what ever you call it. It was more than one not sure how many there are. My girls are locked up tight but I am waiting for the motion light to come on. gun is loaded! Good luck getting yours!

We have shot 3 coyotes in the last 2 weeks. For the faint hearted you can get a live trap but then where ever you let them go there is a chance they will go terrorize someone else.

You can usually find someone willing to hunt them for you too. If that is something you are considering I would suggest contacting a local gun club to find a responsible person.
We are good at hunting them now, least my son is, but there was a time I would have welcomed a professional to come hunt them.
Pretty sure you can find someone who would do it for free.

Yes that relocation thing can be a pain in someones hinney. We never had cat problems then out of the blue I started loosing huge turkeys. Since they sleep up high I knew it wasnt coyotes. Finally shot a bobcat. Then we started seeing them all over. Found out that the local wildlife center was releasing ones they had caught right down the road from us near a creek.
Wasnt really fair to us or the poor cats. Didn't have a choice though. Just about got all my turkeys.

You can usually find someone willing to hunt them for you too. If that is something you are considering I would suggest contacting a local gun club to find a responsible person.
We are good at hunting them now, least my son is, but there was a time I would have welcomed a professional to come hunt them.
Pretty sure you can find someone who would do it for free.

Yes that relocation thing can be a pain in someones hinney. We never had cat problems then out of the blue I started loosing huge turkeys. Since they sleep up high I knew it wasnt coyotes. Finally shot a bobcat. Then we started seeing them all over. Found out that the local wildlife center was releasing ones they had caught right down the road from us near a creek.
Wasnt really fair to us or the poor cats. Didn't have a choice though. Just about got all my turkeys.
This is an SSS story in Ohio! We are just starting to get bobcats back in our area so they are protected! Why didn't you have your turkeys locked up? I live in the woods and it is just not worth the risk here. I can't even let my little dogs loose I have them fenced in. Coyotes will kill them.

DS has shot 2 coyotes and saw 3 more within the last 2 days.
Got a trapper friend coming up and some other coyote hunters coming. Got a couple of my neighbors asking if they would be willing to come to their places too.

DS missed a coyote about 250 yards from the house. Told me I shouldn't store my rifle in my case.
Chased one tonight across some of our stubble strips tonight. Almost rolled the truck on a turn. Missed getting the coyote.
Going to put a gun back in my truck and lock DH out so he can't remove it!

Back
Top Bottom