More Escapees

robin416

Songster
12 Years
Feb 6, 2007
I had the Royal Purple show up a week or so ago. He's assimilated very nicely in to my flock of lavenders. Amazingly none of them have gone after him.

Fast forward to tonight's close up. Dark Bird, as I call him, was not around. I wasn't too concerned he is usually the last in. But after I left the coop to go find him I could hear a ruckus going on up near the gate. And from the sound I knew there were birds in the road which in itself is unusual since my birds are over a year old so the adventure of going over the gate got old. So I walk up, open the gate walk down the road a bit. Then I see Dark Bird on the inside of the fence and three others in the road. Dark Bird ran down the fence to the gate, the three following along on the outside until they got to the gate. Dark Bird then took them to the front yard, then to the back yard out in to the field where the Guinea coop is. He promptly led all three in to the coop.

There was some miner altercations but nothing more than I see from my group on a regular basis so I left them. After closing the Silkie coop I stood and listened all was quiet in the Guinea coop.

Over the years I've seen my flock work together against a predator, I've seen them work with the dogs to run an interloper off but I've never seen this kind of interaction amongst them.

lau.gif
Sounds like you've been invaded! Reminds me of one of those alien movies where they send one alien down to check things out, and when things are determined to be OK, the entire mothership arrives. I wonder how many other "friends" your newest arrivals have waiting in the woods. I wish one or two would show up at my house.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom